Today, January 19th 2024, Another Code: Recollection by Cing and Arc System Works finally releases for the Nintendo Switch! Announced during the Nintendo Direct last September 14th 2023, the game is a remake that bundles Another Code: Two Memories with its sequel Another Code R: A Journey into Lost Memories.
According to the official website, Another Code: Recollection features fully enhanced versions of both games; these include updated visuals, explorable environments, voice acting, puzzles, music tracks, and more. The remake also includes an optional hint and navigation system to help out players unfamiliar with adventure games. Highlighted in the remake is the sequel Another Code R: A Journey into Lost Memories which has been made available for North American fans for the first time.
The game is now available to buy via the Nintendo Store for $59.99. Fans can either purchase a physical version of the game or download it digitally. If you’re interested in trying it out for yourself, a demo is available for download on the Nintendo Store page.
The game’s protagonist is Ashley Mizuki Robbins, a 13 year old girl who has been raised by her aunt, Jessica, because her parents vanished when she was three years old. She believed that they were dead, but two days before her fourteenth birthday, she received a package. Inside, was a letter from her father and a small machine. The letter said that he would be waiting on Blood Edward Island, an island located off the coast of Washington in the United States.
The next day, the day before her birthday, Jessica and Ashley ride over to Blood Edward Island on a boat, but Ashley’s father isn’t there to greet them. Jessica goes to look for him, but when she doesn’t return, Ashley ventures out to search for both of them.
While exploring the island, Ashley also befriends “D”, a ghost who has lost his memories. Together they enter the Edward Mansion, each looking for answers to their own questions.VNDB
On the case!
- As Ashley, follow your investigative instincts, observe your surroundings, and gather potential clues to unravel the mystery.
- Solve brain-teasing puzzles and overcome obstacles to your investigation using button and motion controls.
- Carefully examine objects you’ve gathered to see if there’s more to them than first meets the eye.
- Gather vital information by speaking to individuals you encounter.
- Using a strange handheld device called DAS (Dual ANOTHER System), photograph useful to reference while solving puzzles or view the relationships between characters you’ve encountered.
Solve two mystery adventures
- Experience Ashley’s full story, including the events of the sequel previously unreleased in North America.
Enhanced for Nintendo Switch
- This collection includes fully enhanced versions of the original Nintendo DSTM and WiiTM games. Immerse yourself in the intrigue with overhauled visuals, new voice acting, and fully explorable environments that breathe new life into the moody setting of both adventures.
If you enjoy our work, please follow us on Twitter for more visual novel news and join the community in our forums and discord server: we’re pretty active there!
In addition, you can also support us on Patreon or by buying us a Ko-fi.