On the 12th October, visual novel Kittengumi: The Sakabato’s Thief, published by Gammera Nest and developed by Guarida Games became available on Steam. Other than Steam, the game will also appear on console – whereas the Switch version had already released a day later on the 13th October. PS4/PS5 versions are not yet determined. The game is available in many languages, among them English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese and Turkish and some more. There’s also a demo available!
Kittengumi: The Thief of the Sakabato is a visual novel that takes us to an alternative Japan (Gapon) where its protagonists, a cat and a panda who thinks he is a cat, will have to find the thief of the sakabato, one of the treasures of the Kittengumi -a group of samurai cats that watches over the security of Nyedo (Edo), to which they belong.
This will be the first official mission of the characters and during this adventure, they will interact with many characters and, depending on the decisions, the story will develop along different paths, not all of them with a happy ending.
The Sakabato Thief is the first of a collection of visual novels that tell different stories starring the members of this group.Steam
- Decide how the story progresses and find out the 10 different endings: Your decisions matter and will decide the path chosen by Ryuudama and Kumaneko. Will you manage to catch the thief? Will they come out unharmed? Will you get to meet all the characters?
- Everything drawn by hand: Our artist has drawn every character, every scenery, and every part of the game with a lot of effort, care and love.
- Story with lore beyond the main game: This game is the premiere of a saga that will bring many adventures. The game is full of characters, references, and lore beyond the main story.
- Follow the story from any unlocked scene: You will be able to resume the story from the scene selector and try all the variants without having to start from scratch each time.
- Soundtrack with Japanese instruments: The soundtrack is carefully created with period instruments that will accompany you throughout the adventure. The OST can be bought separately or as a bundle with the game.