Today, Inescapable: No Rules, No Rescue releases on Steam, Playstation 4 and 5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S for $49.99. Finnish developer Dreamloop Games created the game and it is published by Aksys Games.
Dreamloop and Aksys previously worked together to release the studio’s 2016 debut title Stardust Galaxy Warriors: Stellar Climax. Following this game, Dreamloop shifted focus from their own IPs to support work for other game studios. Inescapable: No Rules, No Rescue marks their return to original IP game development.
Intrigued? Read our first impressions or download the free demo from Steam!
Inescapable is a social thriller set in a tropical island resort. The player takes on the role of Harrison, one of eleven contestants who have been kidnapped and forced to participate in a twisted reality TV show. At the end of their stay, the contestants will receive $500,000. There’s just one catch - on the island there are no rules, and no escape. Inescapable’s story explores human nature and how far people will go for social clout, wealth, and their own desires—and how much further they might be willing to go when they have permission to ignore the rules.
A mysterious group captured the contestants of the reality TV show from all over Europe without regard for wealth or social standing. To learn more about some of them, watch the trailer above.
- Maria “Mia” Strauss – ??? Programmer
- Francisca Carrasco – Portuguese Car Mechanic
- Lumi Ndiaye – Finnish Doctorate Candidate
- Daan Zoetemelk – Dutch ???
- Annika Eklund – Swedish ???
- Eva Tamm – Estonian Party Girl/Social Influencer
- Giovanni Lombardi – Italian Restauranter and Politico
- Harrison Finn Tailor – British Bus Driver
- Isak Ringvold – Norwegian Jeweller
- Valérie D’Orléans – French Perfume Empire Heiress
- “Sascha Smith” – Professional Enigma
Additionally, the mysterious twins Naima and Naomi DeWinter stay on the island as well. The twins seem to be affiliated with the faceless hosts of the twisted survival game.
- Multiple narrative paths
- A provocative character-driven story
- A diverse cast of characters with intriguing personalities and backstories
- Hours of voice-acted dialogue
- A full-length original soundtrack with music from Zero Escape‘s Shinji Hosoe and Matias Lehtoranta