This week’s header image comes from Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, which just received a demo on PS4, PSVita, and Steam.
VNTS (Visual Novel Translation Status Updates Series) is published each Saturday and brings the latest updates from VN translation projects — both licensed and by fans — from around the net. If you find any errors, or you think a project is missing from this list, please let us know in the comments.
From The Team: Apologies for the late VNTS. I have been busy with family-related stuff and Tay has lost his internet connection. Still, we’ll try our hardest to get you your weekly VNTS! That said, next week will be difficult to make that happen. I am loath to miss a week but that might happen next weekend. – Decay
The Short Version: Only the New Stuff
- Aiyoku no Eustia – Total TL: 19.82% > 20.45%; Total Edit: 12.87% > 13.45%; Total TLC: 12.55% > 12.69%
- Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (NIS America) – Demo released on all platforms (note: demo is a unique spoiler-free case)
- Dies Irae (Light) – 18+ patch delayed to late September.
- Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki (Sekai Project) – Delayed to August 31st. New official title: “Saku Saku: Love Blooms with the Cherry Blossoms”
- Koiken Otome ~Revive~ – TL: 8% > 9%
- Kuroinu (MangaGamer) – Chapter 3 TL: 7.6%
- Lovely x Cation (Dekiru Translations) – TL: 12,000/26,959 Lines
- Lover Able – TL: 85.41% > 86.49%; TLC: 51.53% > 51.75%
- Musumaker – Alive once again! Total TL: 38.8%
- Muv-Luv Series (Degica) – Muv-Luv Alternative BETA version released to backers; releasing on Steam September 19th; Estimated order of KS Fulfillment: PS Vita port -> Photonflowers -> Photonmelodies -> Android port (link), 18+ patch sometime after Vita port.
- My Little Sister Can’t Possibly Have A Hemorrhoid?! (SakuraGame) – Cafe’s translation picked up by SakuraGame, to be released late 2017; 50% translated
- Oreimo Tsuzuku (Disc 2) – Sena route: 73.3% > 76.6%
- Rance Quest Magnum (MangaGamer) – TL: 4%
- Trample on Schatten (JAST) – Engine port feature complete
- Tsuki ni Yorisou Otome no Sahou – TL: 10.3% > 12.8%; Edit: 6.7% > 8.3%
- Venous Blood Chimera – TL: 56.9% > 58.9%
- Witch’s Garden – Total TL: 29% > 30%
All the Game Updates:
Fan Translation Projects
JAST USA (Blog)
Zakabox™ 「This is the place where Zaka occasionally shares his wisdom. Will he show up this week? Will he have anything to say? Only time will tell.」
Decay’s MusingsAgain, apologies for the late VNTS. Next week I’ll be gone for the entire weekend. It’s possible that I’ll have internet connection for some of that time but I don’t think it’s likely that I’ll be able to contribute. If Tay doesn’t have his internet restored by then, next week could be the first VNTS missed in years. Hey, at least that’s a pretty good streak! After next week, my life should be a bit more normal.
I’m really excited about Muv Luv Alternative. I have my code but haven’t delved in yet, and probably won’t be able to get too deep into it until after next week at the earliest. Still though, I never actually finished MLA and I’m excited to finally do so. I’ll talk more about it then, including its new translation which seems rather great.
Does anyone happen to know what happened to Elevator Translations and their Lovely x Cation project? Quof at Dekiru Translations is doing LxC now which is great, but I can’t tell what happened to the old team. Is it safe to assume that their translation will never see the light of day?
Anyway, I don’t want to ramble on and stall this post for much longer. Have a good week, everyone!