Remember the days when four releases in a week was some crazy rare event that we celebrated and Tay went crazy making special banners for? Now I’m thinking “huh, just four?” Boy, how I’ve been spoiled. Anywho, I’m filling in for Tay this week who is unavailable due to some real life circumstances. It’s been a while since I’ve soloed an entire one of these anyway, it’s about time Tay gets a break.
Anyway! Welcome to our weekly VNTS (Visual Novel Translation Status) series, in which we track visual novel translation updates in-house (we don’t rely on /jp/ posts on 4ch, for example) and post it for your enlightenment and enjoyment each Saturday. If you find any errors, or you think a project is missing from this list, please let me know in the comments.
The Short Version: Only the New Stuff
- 2236 A.D. (Sekai Project) – TL: 57.66% > 62.77%
- AstralAir – TL and Edit: 84.95% > 88.83%. Amazing progress. You’re almost done, keep it up!
- Bishoujo Mangekyou – TL: Final script is 81% completed, overall editing 9.9% > 18%.
- Chrono Clock (Sekai Project) – TL: 17.22% > 19.19%
- Darekoi (Sekai Project) – TL: 79% > 90.01%
- Hoshizora no Memoria (Sekai Project) – TL: 11.76% > 13.86%
- Japanese School Life (Sekai Project) – TL: 40.42% > 56.57%
- Koiken Otome – QC: 90.2% > 92.38%
- Labyrinth of Grisaia (Sekai Project) – Steam release planned for next week! (link) 18+ version is still expected to trail a month or longer
- Love, Guitars, and the Nashville Skyline (Sekai Project) – TL: 62.37% > 77.7%
- Maitetsu (Sekai Project) – TL: 15.68% > 12.9%. Err, yeah, that’s backwards progress. We’re not entirely sure what happened, but it seems like there was some kind of error with SP’s tracker.
- Majo Koi Nikki – TL: 7% > 12% (5014/40394)
- Musumaker – Team merged with the Majo Koi Nikki team, TL on hold until MKN’s release.
- Muv-Luv – Muv-Luv Extra and Unlimited releasing in July 14th! Pre-order here.
- Nurse Love Addiction (Degica) – Delayed until July 7th due to quality concerns.
- Nursery Rhyme – TL: 36.5% > 56% (18120/32977)
- Nympho Sensei Ryoko (JAST) – “Nypho sensei is having some problems in QA, no eta yet. Looks like it may take a while (late fall)” (link)
- Rewrite+ (VisualArts USA) – Added to the list this week. Whoops, this was actually announced a few weeks ago. But due to miscommunication, we forgot to add it to the list. My bad. Anyway, for those who don’t know, Rewrite+ is a compilation of Rewrite and Harvest Festa with bonus content including a new route and is being translated officially.
- Still, I Missed Her (Sekai Project) – TL: 2.29% > 2.54%
- Tenshin Ranman (Sekai Project) – TL: 25.38% > 29.99%
- The Orchard of Stray Sheep (Sekai Project) – Steam page is up here.
- To Heart 2 – Finished proofreading Tamaki route, now proofreading Karin route.
- Trample on Schatten (JAST) – Translation supposedly complete, standing by for more details. (link)
- Tsui Yuri – Edit: 8% > 29%
- Wish Tale of the Sixteenth Night (Culture Select) – Editing done, in QA.
- WORLD END ECONOMiCA episode.03 (Sekai Project) – 94.67% > 97.15%
- Hara Kano – Kanna route fully translated, new partial patch featuring the Ayana, Ren, Marina, and Kanna routes available here. Kaho route planned next.
- Higurashi Ch.3 (MangaGamer) – Released! Buy it here.
- Kimomen demo Harem Guild – Full translation released! Get the patch here (NSFW). You can buy it on DLSite English here (Also NSFW).
- Kyoto Colorful Days (Dogenzaka Lab) – Released! Buy it here.
- Highway Blossoms (Sekai Project) – Released! Buy it on Steam here!
Removed This Week
- Homeless School Girl – Released. Get the patch here.
- Muv-Luv Altered Fable – This is actually a part of Photonflowers, a fandisc that is being officially brought over by Degica with the rest of the Muv Luv stuff. So I guess that means we’ve had it on the Fan TL list for a solid nine months after the plans for a fan patch have been canned, oops.
- Muv-Luv Alternative – Total Eclipse – I’m actually not 100% sure what’s happening with this. But there has been no signs of activity for a very long time and I suspect if it comes out, it will again be by Degica’s hands.
- The House in Fata Morgana – Released. Buy it on MangaGamer here. This is what happens when you take a week off, Tay. :^)
- Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete – The TL is just dead. No sign of activity for a very long time.
All the Game Updates:
Fan Translation Projects[wpdatatable id=152]
MangaGamer (Updates)[wpdatatable id=154]
- Rance 5D, Rance VI, and Rance Quest fan translations on hold in anticipation of potential official release by MangaGamer.
Other Projects[wpdatatable id=156]
— Commentary Section —
「 … 」[Zaka will probably edit this space to include his commentary later. Come back later for some Swedish deliciousness. – Decay]
Whew, doing this on your own is kinda exhausting! I have been helping out every week, usually completing a few tables to speed things along, but it’s been a while since I’ve done the whole thing by myself. I feel like I lost my groove. Hopefully I didn’t screw anything up too badly. Oh, the header image? You try opening the PSD Tay gave me. I still have nightmares from what I witnessed that day.
On to the news of the week, I’m not gonna lie, I’m pumped for Labyrinth/Meikyuu. Yeah, I know it ends on a total cliffhanger. I know it’s very different from Fruit/Kajitsu. But I’m way too big of a Grisaia fan to not play this ASAP. I really hope they’re able to release it next week like they’re aiming to. I’m a little disappointed that I never was able to finish the Kajitsu replay I started earlier in the year but shit just kept getting in the way. I think to this day, Kajitsu stands as my second favorite VN of all time. I know it’s the mainstream choice and all, but hey, sometimes things are popular for good reason. So yeah, bring on the next game, finally.
I’m pretty excited for the AstralAir translation. It seems like the translator is really busting their ass to whip out the last parts of the script. And props to Chuee for keeping up on the editing. Granted, the translation won’t be immediately released as soon as the TL and editing are done. It will go through a QC process that could take quite a while. Hopefully not as long as Koisaku’s QC process, but you never know. That team seems dedicated to getting their releases just right, which is a good thing in my book.
If you’re just now reading the Higurashi series as the retranslations release, you’re in for a treat with this one. Chapter 3 is one of my favorite chapters, and also one of the most frustrating, in a way. But the way they utilize that frustration and then vindicate it later on in the series is actually kind of smart. And also, this one may not be one of the goriest or violent chapters, but it’s still one of the most brutal, for its own reasons. Basically, it’s good, read it! It’s the point in the series where Higurashi really started grabbing me.
Highway Blossoms comes out next week and SolidBatman is reviewing that one. He seems to like it so far. I dunno, I’m not super into the premise, I’m more interested in Alienworks’ Human Reignition Project. But perhaps Highway Blossoms will be a good test of their EVN chops. I have high hopes for that team and HRP.
Well, that’s it for me this week. Have a good one, everyone!