Synergia – NextGen Edition released on October 3rd for Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4 + 5, and Xbox One + Xbox Series S|X for $19.99 USD. On Nintendo Switch and Xbox the game is currently available at a discounted price of $15.99. In addition, the game is further discounted if you already own the original version.
The NextGen Edition is a high-resolution graphical remaster of the original Synergia (read our review here). It includes the Sunrise DLC as well as new in-game features like a music room and an artbook.
Owners of Synergia on Steam receive the Sunrise DLC for free, however the artbook and soundtrack are separate purchases on the platform. Sunrise does not seem to be available yet on GoG, itch.io and the Humble store.
Synergia development overview
Synergia is a yuri thriller visual novel developed by RadiArts and published by TopHat Studios. Development of the game initially started in 2016 and, on July 8th 2019, looked for crowdfunding through a Kickstarter project. Within 24 hours, 50% of the initial $4000 goal were met and by the end of the project they received $15,491. Stretch goals for console ports, Chinese and Spanish localization, an extended OST by Andy Andi Han and the Sunrise DLC were met. Following the Kickstarter Synergia released August 8th 2020 on Steam, GoG, itch.io and Humble store. The console ports later released in March 2021.
Synergia Cila, a veteran cop with a sour outlook and anger issues expects nothing more from life besides the smell of ozone, blinding neon lights and the ever-present manhole steam. At least, until a shady friend replaces her broken-down housedroid as a favor. Advanced, more efficient and remarkably perceptive, unit M.A.R.A. begins to penetrate Cila's toughened exterior and possibly even heal her new owner's old wounds – if Cila can decipher the recurring nightmare the process brings. Soon Cila and Mara forge a unique - if sometimes uneasy - bond. Unbeknownst to Cila, just as her life begins to find its new normal, the technological giant Velta Labs gets wind of Mara's existence and takes a mysterious interest in the android. A war unlike any before it is brewing on the horizon, its players are silently being selected and one android's fate may spell the difference between peace, war, the blossoming of a new religion, or a technological singularity beyond comprehension. Sunrise One year after the events of the Synergia Incident, Cila and Mara's lives have drastically changed, as have the lives of all those around them. This DLC is a small glimpse into their future outside of The Empire, and the repercussions of their actions during the main game. Bathed in the ultraviolet lights of the European Travel Union, Yu, the Emperor's right-hand, prepares to reunite with the reviled Cila and Mara and finally settle things with The Empire's most wanted terrorist: Yoko.
- Nearly 100 combined, unique backgrounds and CGs
- 20+ characters with interesting backgrounds and personalities
- An estimated 6-9 hours of gameplay
- A unique, vibrant art aesthetic pervading the neon dystopian setting of the game
- A beautiful, vivid soundtrack composed by Andy Andi Han
- Choices that deeply affect the protagonist’s journey and world around them
- Multiple endings
- 7,000 new words of story set after the main game
- More than a dozen new backgrounds and CGs, plus new sprites for each character
- A new UI created to perfectly match Sunrise’s new color palette
- Three new music tracks composed exclusively for Sunrise by HOHENHEIM.
Newly added with the NextGen Edition
- In-game artbook & bonus comic, with 64 pages of content
- In-game Music Room featuring the full OST
- High resolution graphical remaster