Fuwanovel is always looking for motivated and talented people who share our love for Visual Novels. May it be Bishoujo Games, Otome, SciAdv or Indie Games, we’re open for all of them. If you’re interested in being a writer on Fuwanovel, just send us your application, along with a sample article or post written by you (can be anything like a news post, a review, an unboxing post or a think piece – just don’t be shy!) and some information about yourself.
But even if you’re not that interested in writing, we also offer opportunities for talented coders, web designers, artists and Adobe Gurus as well as social media managers! If you’re interested in being a part of Fuwa, just check the requirements table below and use the form on this page or write an email at [email protected] to get in touch with us.
|Blog Team||Coding Team||Other Teams|
Fuwanovel Writer Team
- You have the ability to contribute good ideas on a regular basis
- You would describe yourself as “skillful” when it comes to expressing your ideas and thoughts. Also, you have this unique skill to put your ideas in a well-structured written format
- Truth and fairness are important for you
- Ideally, you have already some knowledge in producing content (website, blog, news portal, Youtube, Twitter …)
|Fuwanovel Frontend Team|
- You have a good understanding of HTML 5 and you love to make beautiful designs in CSS 3
- You’ve some framework experience, with Bootstrap, React or Vue for example
|Fuwanovel Community Team|
We don’t hire new people for the community team at the moment
|Fuwanovel Editor Team|
- You have a good understanding of the English language, especially when it comes to grammar and spelling. Ideally, you’re even a native speaker
- You would say you have a good feeling of what “sounds good” and what rather “strange” or “not good” if you read a text
- You’re able to give other people feedback in a friendly and constructive way, so they can learn from you
|Fuwanovel Backend Team|
- You’ve some at least some experience with relational databases (especially MySQL/MariaDB) or even NoSQL databases (especially MongoDB/Redis)
- Maybe you’ve already some experience with WordPress development (Plugin API, Theme API, REST API) (optional)
|Fuwanovel Design Team|
- Artists: Experience with common drawing applications like CLIP STUDIO PAINT, Krita or PaintTool SAI as well as a good skill level when it comes to creating artworks
- PS Gurus: At least a good skill set when it comes to common bitmap or vector graphic applications, like Photoshop/Illustrator or GIMP/Inkscape.
We don’t hire new people for the design team at the moment
- You should be able to deal with deadlines and working in a team.
- At least a basic understanding of using Git and a GitHub account
- You know how to use (frontend) or create (backend) REST APIs
- You have some knowledge about GraphQL (optional)
- Experience with Docker and creating Dockerfiles (optional)
|Fuwanovel SNS Team|
- A good understanding of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and SNS managing tools. Furthermore, you should know how to build up a follower ship and handle difficult situations
- Ideally, you can show us some references, especially social media profiles you managed in the past or your own social media profiles
We don’t hire new people for the SNS team at the moment
What we offer
- The proud feeling of being a team member of one of the oldest and most popular Visual Novel web outlets and communities on the English Internet, combined with the opportunity to share this feeling with the world through team badges on your FuwaForums profiles and staff roles on the Fuwanovel Discord Server.
- Access to a lot of free review copies, among them many popular titles from big western publishers.
- A first step for your possible career in the western Visual Novel industry (of course we can’t guarantee this, but if you’re looking for contacts or if you want to expose your skills to the world, you’re certainly not at the wrong place.)
Join us now
Since Fuwanovel is primarily a website operated by fans for fans, we have to point out that all activities at Fuwa are unpaid.