VNTS (Visual Novel Translation Status Updates Series) is published each Saturday and brings the latest updates from VN translation projects — both licensed and by fans — from around the net. If you find any errors, or you think a project is missing from this list, please let us know in the comments.
From The Team: Hey everybody, hope you had a good week. I’ve had the pleasure of dealing with car maintenance and complicated finances all week, so I hope you’re jealous! Setting that aside, lots of good VN translation progress to catch up on this week, so let’s get to it. – Tay
The Short Version: Only the New Stuff
- Aiyoku no Eustia – Total TL: 15.15% > 15.62%; Total TLC: 7.46% > 8.71%
- Bad Medicine -Infectious Teachers – The partial patch should be releasing today (10 June 2017)! Be sure to check out their Tumblr and wait for the post!
- Boku to Koisuru Ponkotsu Akuma (Sekai Project) – TL: 73.70% > 73.89%
- Clover Day’s – Anzu TL: ~50% (Link) > 63%
- Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Voice Porting Project – Project needs help inserting voices to the game. For more info and to volunteer, check out this post.
- Funbag Fantasy: Sideboob Story (MangaGamer) – TL: 74% > 94%
- Grisaia: Phantom Trigger (Front Wing) – Pre-orders for Volume 3 launched on IndieGoGo. (Link) Releasing worldwide July 28th.
- Hadaka Shitsuji (MangaGamer) – TL: 87% > 100%; Edit: 58% > 67%
- Hapymaher (MangaGamer) – TL: 77% > 80%; Edit: 74% > 76%
- Hashihime of the Old Book Town (MangaGamer) – TL: 61% > 62%; Edit: 8% > 10%
- The House in Fata Morgana – A Requiem for Innocence (MangaGamer) – TL: 59% > 69%; Edit: 44%
- Imouto Paradise! 2 (MangaGamer) – Edit: 68% > 80%
- Kimi ga Nozomu Muv-Luv – Evan’s at it again! You got to keep an eye on this guy: he’s always up to something. In this case, it’s a runthrough of one of Muv Luv’s side projects: Kimi ga Nozomu Muv Luv. He’s got some up, and more on the way:
- Koiken Otome ~Revive~ – TL: 5% > 6%
- Koi Musubi (Narrator) – English demo released, available on its Steam page (check the side bar!).
- Lover Able – TL: 71.33% >72.49%; Edit: 20.01% > 20.2%; TLC: 42.6% > 43%
- Maggot Baits (MangaGamer) – TL: 34% > 37%
- MangaGamer Secret Projects – Several updates in the tables
- Sansha Mendan (18+) – TL: 65.26% > 69.16%; Edit: 63.60% > 67%
- Sorcery Jokers (MangaGamer) – TL: 97% > 100%
- Sukimazakura to Uso no Machi – TL: 42.3% > 43.2%
- Tsujidou-san no Jun’ai Road – Common Route Part 1: 57.93% > 100%; Total: 7.56% > 13.05%. Planning to release another patch by the 18th, looking for feedback (Link)
- Venous Blood Chimera – TL: 35%; Partial Patch available (Link)
Removed from the List This Week
- Ayakashi Gohan! (Hanataba TL) – New version of the complete patch released! Get it here: Link.
- A Butterfly in the District of Dreams (Sekai Project) – Released! Buy it on Steam here.
- Gakuen Club (Fruitbat Factory) – Released! Get it on Steam here.
- GA Geijutsuka Art Design Class: Slapstick Wonderland (Nodamiki) – Surprise release! Get the complete translation patch here.
- Hatsukoi 1/1 (Tsurezure Scans) – Released! Grab the complete patch here.
- Shi ni Iku Kimi, Yakata ni Mebuku Zouo (Dergonu) – Dropped by Dergonu.
All the Game Updates:
Fan Translation Projects
Zakabox™ 「It’s been a while. I was only going to fix the Phantom Trigger thing, but it kind of feels wrong to not write anything here when I’m already editing the post. So uhh, first of all I should congratulate Haro on finishing her re-translation of Hadaka Shitsuji. Not sure who’s on Sorcery Jokers, but good to see that completed as well. Marabou’s toffee whole nut 300g tablet might be worth the price, but the Oreo filled one probably isn’t… where was I?
Right. Visual novels. In case you’re wondering why nikuniku was taken off the list, Dergonu handed off the project to someone else and that someone seems to be neither progressing fast nor wanting to make any public announcements. Maybe they’ll finish before Muramasa is out. Either way there’s not much to track and not much certainty of completion, so it’ll stay off the list for now.
In other news, I have now finished four VNs in Japanese and three of them were short yuri themed doujins (the fourth didn’t have the yuri part). スキトキメキトキス is the best one I’ve read so far, though I suppose with the competition, that’s not saying too much. Remind me to write an actual description for it on vndb today… for I shall be off. Hopefully Decay can write something more substantial later.」
Decay’s MusingsThis is where Decay usually imparts a bunch of smart thinks to the rest of us serfs.