VNTS (Visual Novel Translation Status Updates Series) is published each Saturday and brings the latest updates from VN translation projects — both licensed and by fans — from around the net. If you find any errors, or you think a project is missing from this list, please let us know in the comments.
From The Team: Well, after leaving Decay high and dry last weekend, I’m back (and, albeit only technically, just as alive as I was two weeks ago!). As I later told him, if it helps, in my feverish dreams I dreamed I did VNTS (and all sorts of other Fuwa work) (… *cough* I’m sorry I haven’t emailed you, yet, Palas *cough* but I dreamed I did *cough*). In any case, happy Valentine’s day, everybody. Here’s hoping you spent it with loved ones, good friends, good entertainment, good homework, or a combination of all the above. As for me, being apart from loved ones, I took naps and studied. Steamy, no? How about y’all? Anything fun?
The Short Version: Only the New Stuff
- Bad Medicine -Infectious Teachers – 1 New Updates: Link
- Boku to Koisuru Ponkotsu Akuma (Sekai Project) – TL: 29.12% > 31.61%
- Chrono Clock (Sekai Project) – TL: 94.55% > 95.42%
- A Clockwork Ley-Line: The Borderline of Dusk (Sekai Project) – Kickstarter for physical copies now live! (The entire trilogy is already guaranteed, this is only for physical copies)
- A Clockwork Ley-Line: Daybreak of Remnants Shadow (Sekai Project) – TL: 40%
- Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Voice Porting Project – Programming is essentially done. Just waiting on voice insertion to the scripts and QCing the process. It’s a time-consuming process and only one person is actively doing it. (Link)
- Gakuen Heaven 2– Tracker Updated! Demo now available!
- Her and Her and My 7 Days -Seven days with the Ghost (Denpasoft + LiLies) – TL: 20% > 26%%
- KARAKARA 2 (Sekai Project) – Sneakily announced. (link)
- Lover Able – Image Editing: Mails: 11.97%
- Mahou Tsukai no Yoru (nrvnqsr) – Chapter 7 is done and up!
- Maitetsu (Sekai Project) – TL: 93.33% > 94.28%
- Majo Koi Nikki – Edit: 65% > 66%
- Monster Girl Quest Paradox – New Site (Link); New Patch Released (Patch v1.21.54)
- Nursery Rhyme – TL: 56% > 80.6%
- Sekai’s Secret Projects: Update to #6 (see table)
- Tsui Yuri – Total QC: 56% > 63%
- Witch’s Garden – Total TL: 19% > 20%
Removed from the List This Week
- Corona Blossom (Front Wing) – Volume 3 released! Grab it on Steam here, and get the 18+ patch on J-List here! Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 released on Steam, with the 18+ patches for Vol. 1 on DLsite and Vol. 2 on J-List.
All the Game Updates:
Fan Translation Projects
Zakabox™ 「Hi, my name is Zaka and I’ve got a flippin’ aphtous ulcer on my uvula. I do not recommend this; entirely apart from the pain, my throat also feels unaccountably dry all the time. I wonder when Science will get around to curing this bullshit, if ever… sigh.
Never heard the clockwork leyline trilogy was assured before, they might’ve said it ages ago though. From what I hear this is Very Good News as it gets progressively better. Oh, and hi localized title.
Big jump for Nursery Rhyme, mostly due to it having been ~8 months since the last update. It’s a slow but steady project, kinda like ittaku’s ToHeart 2 translation. I liek.
Seems like the more pessimistic scenario I mentioned like a year ago of how quickly the F/HA voice porting would go happened; they couldn’t fully automate it, and that makes all the difference.
In things of VN community interest: Sekai Project has opened a slacker backer campaign for the Nekopara OVA. Maybe they’ll reach the 1 million USD goal after all.
…I need to sleep. Nyaaaa…..
Yes, five periods. Not six. I wanted exactly. Five. Periods.」
Decay’s MusingsHello everyone. It’s late and I’m tired so I’ll keep this short.
Ley-Line: Very cool. Glad the entire trilogy has been confirmed. I’m ready for magical high school scooby doo.
Chrono Clock beta: Not much more than a moege, don’t expect anything else. But it’s a moege that has a protagonist with a personality and some degree of self-awareness, which automatically makes it better than most.
Train to Busan: Clichéd to a fault, not inventive enough. Still able to pull some emotional heartstrings. Not bad overall.
John Wick: Very fun, mindless entertainment. I typically like more grounded action films, stuff like this isn’t bad every now and again though.
Modern Country by William Tyler: Good, relaxing background music to edit endless h-scenes to.
My next “paycheck” (see below): I’m looking forward to those four packs of Starburst. I hope it’s all FaveREDs this time.
TAYsteful Thoughts™Palas, I swear on Decay’s next paycheck: I will email you tomorrow and we will get all the things sorted out. (For those that haven’t heard, Palas is taking over the Reviews team. I’ll be making a little post about it, and you can wish him well (1), then.)
Have a good week, everybody!
(1) And by “Wish Well,” I of course mean, “Petition him to delete and re-assign Batman’s Key game reviews.“