VNTS (Visual Novel Translation Status Updates Series) is published each Saturday and brings the latest updates from VN translation projects — both licensed and by fans — from around the net. If you find any errors, or you think a project is missing from this list, please let us know in the comments.
From The Team: Hey everybody! I’m tired. How about you? Also, I’d like to circle around and see what the Da Capo 3 players think now that we have some time under our belts and many of us have finished it (royal “us”, I haven’t finished it, myself). One release this week (School Idol QT Cool, nsfw). Do note, however, that a few games popped up on MangaGamer this week:
- School Idol QT Cool (released 03 Feb)
- Chaosrise (Released 31 Jan)
- Propeller Digital Bundle [Tokyo Babel + Pygmalion] (Released 27 Jan)
The Short Version: Only the New Stuff
- Bad Medicine -Infectious Teachers – 7 New Updates: Link
- Boku to Koisuru Ponkotsu Akuma (Sekai Project) – TL: 27.25% > 28.07%%
- Chrono Clock (Sekai Project) – TL: 89.54% > 92.92%
- Eden of Grisaia (Sekai Project) – TL: 75% > 90%
- Hatsukoi 1/1 – Common TL: 47.39% > 76.65%; Total: 10.06% > 14.34%
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a Shooting Star (Sekai Project) – TL: 90% > 100%
- Imouto Paradise! 2 (MangaGamer) – Edit: 46% > 49%
- Kuroinu (MangGamer) – Beta testing complete!
- Libra of the Vampire Princess (MiKandi Japan) – 100% translated!
- Lover Able – TL: 50.09% > 51.58%; TLC: 16.92% > 18.85%; Image Editing: 72.88% > 75.16%
- Maitetsu (Sekai Project) – TL: 84.56% > 87.8%
- Majo Koi Nikki – TL: 71% > 72%; Edit: 61% > 62%
- School Idol QT Cool (MangaGamer) – Surprise release: check it out and pick it up over on MangaGamer
- Sukimazakura to Uso no Machi – TL: 41.5% > 42.3%
- Sweet Pool – Team has been approached about licensing the game and using their work. Matt67727 and the team appear to be conflicted. As of this post, no decision has been made (Link)
- To Heart 2 – Edit: 95% > 100%; Proofreading: ~45%
- Tsui Yuri – Total QC: 51% > 52%
- Sekai Project’s Secret Projects – Several updates, see table
Removed from the List This Week
- Kurukuru Fanatic – Dark Eye has cancelled the project.
- Labyrinth of Grisaia (Sekai Project) – Released! You can buy it here! Unrated (18+) Version: Released! Buy it here.
- WORLD END ECONOMiCA (Sekai Project) – Episode 3 released! Get it on Steam here.
All the Game Updates:
Fan Translation Projects
Zakabox™ 「This is the place where Zaka occasionally shares his wisdom. Will he show up this week? Will he have anything to say? Only time will tell.」
Decay’s Movie Review CornerSup all. Anyone else ever feel like your tastes have become too one-dimensional over time? You find something you really enjoy, then stick in that comfort zone for way too long until you eventually become out of touch with everything else. That’s me! I’ve been trying to keep up with music and to a lesser extent anime, but I only really half-ass that effort. But for movies, TV shows, manga, and books? Yeah, I’m completely out of the loop on those.
So this week I decided to catch up on one of those. And being the intensely lazy man I am, I opted for the lowest-hanging fruit available: Movies. I toyed with the idea of reading all of 3gatsu no Lion, but Christ, look at how many chapters it has! So movies it is. The only movies I remember watching in the last five years are Dark Knight Rises, Cabin in the Woods, and Mad Max Fury Road (a masterpiece). I looked up the top rated movies of the last five years and decided to have a go at them, starting with Snowpiercer.
Snowpiercer is kinda bad, it turns out! I don’t understand why it received critical praise, to be honest. The concept is neat, but they don’t execute on it very well. The acting is dull, the direction and writing are kinda eye-roll-worthy. The parables they were attempting to draw seemed much too shallow to be of any interest, and the action was just kind of boring, so I just couldn’t find anything to like about it. The part in the mid-point where the protagonist has to make a tragic decision to further the cause of his revolution actually elicited a laugh from me at how cornily directed that moment was.
After that was Hell or High Water. I liked that one a bit more! It’s billed as a “neo-western,” though the analogs to the western genre seem tenuous at best. The characters were interesting, and the movie was well paced. If it’s gonna try to be a western, though, I think I’d prefer it darker. I did enjoy Jeff Bridges showing up to land another great performance. That dude hasn’t spent a year without working for the last, what, 40 years?
Next up will be Interstellar. I’m going to watch that as soon as I’m done writing this. I’m a mild Christopher Nolan fan, and it’s been recommended to me. I know it’s not his most beloved film, and it’s more of his brother’s story than his, but I hope it’s at least fun to watch.
Any of you guys have any suggestions for what I should watch next? Recommend me anything produced in the last five or so years that I haven’t already mentioned, I’m game for almost anything except mundane romantic comedies and lame sex comedies. Actually, I dislike most Hollywood comedies, now that I think about it.
That’s it for this week. Next week will be about visual novels again, I swear! See you all then.
TAYsteful Thoughts™Have a good week, everybody!