This week’s header image comes from Harumade, Kururu. (Sumikko Soft) which will receive an official version (18+ and all-ages).
VNTS (Visual Novel Translation Status Updates Series) is published each Saturday and brings the latest updates from VN translation projects — both licensed and by fans — from around the net. If you find any errors, or you think a project is missing from this list, please let us know in the comments.
From The Team: Happy New Year (again) everyone! I don’t know about you, but my life has taken some rapid and strange turns in 2017. Anyone else having a crazy start to 2017? By way of announcements, just be aware that my RL craziness has delayed the launch of some stuff (surveys, the original VN tracker, etc.), but you’ll see them soon. Assuming, of course, I can get reliable internet access.
The Short Version: Only the New Stuff
- Amagami – TL: 87.6% > 90.5% (2088/2308 scripts) (Link); Fairly good chance it’ll be done in 2017 (Link)
- Ayakashi Gohan! – Overall: 89% > 91%
- Boku to Koisuru Ponkotsu Akuma (Sekai Project) – TL: 21.80% > 23.67%
- Chrono Clock (Sekai Project) – TL: 73.49% > 75.43%
- Dies Irae (Light) – At $137,259 of $160,000 as of this writing.
- Harumade, Kururu. (Sumikko Soft) – Announced via tweet from the scenario writer (link); 18+ and all-ages versions planned. TBAC confirmed the translation will be new, not based on his now-canceled fan translation.
- Maitetsu (Sekai Project) – TL: 82.31% > 82.92%
- Majo Koi Nikki – TL: 65% > 67%; Edit: 53% > 55%
- Maki Fes! – TL: 66% > 69%; Edit: 40% > 42%
- Miniature Garden (Fruitbat Factory) – Edit: 50%
- Neko Para Vol.3 (Sekai Project) – Releasing worldwide April 28th, 2017 – Worldwide release confirmed.
- Sukimazakura to Uso no Machi – TL: 40.4% > 41.5%
- Tenshin Ranman (Sekai Project) – TL: 88.78% > 92.25%
- Tsui Yuri – Total QC: 39% > 47%
Removed from the List This Week
- Harumade, Kururu. (Fan TL: Silent Summer TL) – We stopped tracking this project. Will get an official release, and others will be working on it.
- LoveKami -Divinity Stage (MoeNovel) – Released! Get it on Steam here. Official site here.
All the Game Updates:
Fan Translation Projects
Zakabox™ 「I’m not sure if I’m gonna write anything much here when I wake up again in like ten hours, but for now: I spent way too much time and memes TLing 50 liens of Maki Fes, just so progress could be a lovely 69% in time for VNTS. I should finish asu owaru sekai already, it’s ez compared to this…」
Decay’s MusingsHey all. I’m back to go over all the exciting events this week such as… well… Okay, pretty much nothing ever happens at this time of year. So instead, let’s look at what happened last year! Conjueror is holding another one of this tournaments, this time to determine the best translated VN release of 2016, check it out here.
I’ll also do a “VNs of 2017” post sometime in the next week like I did last year. An unfortunate amount of titles will repeat again this year. I’d say that I’ll try better this year, but I’m not really sure what I can do better, considering the number of >80% projects that didn’t make it. Time to bust out the tarot cards and engage in some good old divination? I suppose that almost everything official that’s announced is actually really likely to release this year, just because they’re further along than last year’s titles. I guess we’ll see.
Next week we will be conducting our new year’s VNTS purge. I think we’ll likely have a lot fewer removed projects than we did last year. There’s still a few we’re eyeballing, though. The most painful removal might be Brother Conflict Passion Pink. Anyone know what’s going on with that? There hasn’t been an update in a year, yet it’s at 100%. It’s always sad to see a project fall apart so close to the finish line, so I hope they’re actually still alive and close to release.
Anyway, that’s it for us. Closing off with the Twitch Stream of the Week, enjoy some robot love.
TAYsteful Thoughts™You know, looking at the color and typography of these posts, I’ve gotta hand it to myself: the shade of purple I picked is pretty damn fabulous. It’s a great color in general — my favorite, truth be told — but this shade… Mmmmm. There’s just something about it. Dignified. Understated. Regal.
How did y’all celebrate the New Year? Do anything fun? Well, until next time. Have a good week, everybody!