This week’s header image comes from our two releases: Kisaragi no Hougyoku (Infinitemangastudios) (get it here.); and the unfortunately-titled Busty Maid: Creampie Heaven! (MangaGamer) (Get it here.).
Just wanted to thank everybody for their feedback and comments last week detailing your VNTS reading habits. Don’t fret if you missed it — our year-end surveys are coming up, so look forward to your annual chance to yell at us and whip us into shape!
Anyway! Welcome to our weekly VNTS (Visual Novel Translation Status) series, in which we track visual novel translation updates in-house (we don’t rely on /jp/ posts on 4ch, for example) and post it for your enlightenment and enjoyment each Saturday. If you find any errors, or you think a project is missing from this list, please let me know in the comments.
The Short Version: Only the New Stuff
- Apathy – Midnight Collection ~Vol. 1~ – Okuri Inu translation – 50.8% > 55.6%
- Bishoujo Mangekyou -Norowareshi Densetsu no Shoujo – Edit: 85% > 90%; QC: 80% > 85%; Proofreading: 38% > 42%
- Bishoujo Mangekyou -Katsute Shoujo Datta Kimi e – Added to the list this week (Announcement) (Project Page); TL: 40%; TLC: 30%
- Boku to Koisuru Ponkotsu Akuma (Sekai Project) – TL: 8.85% > 10.05%
- Busty Maid: Creampie Heaven! (MangaGamer) – Released! Get it here. Will be removed from the list on November 5th.
- Chrono Clock (Sekai Project) – TL: 39.81% > 40%
- Enigma: (Fruitbat Factory) – TL: 100%; Edit: 100%; Moving into coding (link)
- Kisaragi no Hougyoku (Infinitemangastudios) – Released! Get it here.
- Libra of the Vampire Princess (MiKandi Japan) – Completed Routes: Mari’s Bonus, Calen’s Bonus
- Love, Guitars, and the Nashville Skyline (Sekai Project) – Now on Steam Greenlight: Link
- Lovely x Cation – Edit: 22% > 28%
- Lover Able – TL: 16.76% > 17.6% > 19.27%; TLC: 2.77% > 3.16%
- Maitetsu (Sekai Project) – TL: 39.71% > 42.13%
- Majo Koi Nikki – Old Tracker (Still Active): Link; TL: 47.6% > 50.4%; Edit: 33.9% > 35.7%; TLC: 16.2% > 17.6%
- Miniature Garden (Fruitbat Factory) – TL: 15% (Link)
- Memory’s Dogma (Sekai Project) – Steam page now online (link)
- Nocturnal Illusion Renewal (retranslation) – Second pass edit: 3.2% > 3.9%
- Sukimazakura to Uso no Machi – TL: 36.3% > 37.5%
- Tenshin Ranman (Sekai Project) – TL: 57.14% > 59.99%
- Tsui Yuri – Total TL: 84% > 90%; Total QC: 1% > 6%
- Wagamama High Spec (Sekai Project) – TL: 73.54% > 73.70%
- Busty Maid: Creampie Heaven! (MangaGamer) – Released! Get it here.
- Kisaragi no Hougyoku (Infinitemangastudios) – Released! Get it here.
All the Game Updates:
Fan Translation Projects[wpdatatable id=208]
MangaGamer (Updates)[wpdatatable id=210]
10/14 Note: I missed two updates in the below table! I’ll put them up here for now, and fix them in the table next week! Also, just want to send a shoutout and much < 3 to Phlebas for the update comments! : )
— Commentary Section —
Uguu, Decay here. I’m all clogged up this week with a sore throat and a nose like a leaky faucet. Thankfully, the illness isn’t that bad. For as many ways my body went bad on me almost as soon as I breached the age of 30, the one part that holds strong is my extremely resilient immune system. Even a mild cold such as this happens only once every few years. Maybe in another 10 years that will go, too. Yay, aging.
Anyway, I’m tired and should get some sleep, so extra short commentary this week. Thankfully Tay made up for it with everyone’s favorite, chat logs! I know with that tantalizing nugget of information you’re now all chomping at the bits to witness the hilarity below, but before you furiously scroll past this, I have this week’s Track of the Week for you all! Geofront by Carpainter. A catchy, upbeat synth sound that’s fun to listen to. Enjoy your weekend, everyone.
Deep cuts from VNTS Fridays: Decay and Zaka can be cruel. This comes as no surprise to our long-standing readers, but for those of you who are new and assume that these VNTS posts spring fully-grown and armored from my mind (or Decay’s mind, depending on the table and/or week), please allow me to rain on your parade.
I’m getting ahead of myself. Let’s step back. You need to understand: I’m not a fan of porn in visual novels, but it’s a fact of life that it’s there, and I manage. Yet, every now and then, the absurdity of VN porn reaches some as-yet-unquantified threshold and triggers TayIncredulity™. I usually deal with this stupid-porn-overload by doing what any good Western-US-native does: passive aggressively refusing to add it to VNTS until Decay forces me to. Failing that, I just conveniently “forget” about the game until Decay or Zaka makes it impossible to feign ignorance anymore.
Today’s a decent example of this: our scene begins late Friday evening when I (Tay) skip into the computer room, fresh from a field of daisies and wildflowers, sit down at the desk to work, and am greeted by the following (paraphrased) line in the VNTS Skype Command HQ chat: “Hi Tay. Guess what? Your favorite game — ever — was released this week: Busty Maid: Creampie Heaven! (MangaGamer page: here). Don’t forget about it, again. OR ELSE.”
These guys take an alarming amount of joy in reminding me that games like BM: CH! or — even worse — “Please Bang My Wife” (Mangagamer page: here) exist. Facts I’d rather leave in the darker recesses of my mind. Like I said, my typical defense mechanism is to conveniently forget (or passive aggressively “forget”) about them and leave them off the tables. Failing that, and if Decay pushes me, bad things can happen.
I’ve got more examples. So. many. more. The following is a real exchange between the three of us. Please take a benzodiazepine or a tall drink before reading the following transcript. Failing to do so may irreparably damage your psyche.
“Skype Log from 9/9/2016 – In Which Tay Loses His Mind And Guesses PBMW’s Plot”
Decay: For SP keep in mind they announced a new game today
Decay: Since you liked “Funbag Fantasy” so much, you’re going to love this new one’s title
Decay: “Please bang my wife.”
Tay: Good Lord
Tay: the hate is very strong
Decay: Please Bang My Wife is about a couple where the wife is discovered to be cheating. When the husband confronts her, she says it’s because the other guy can last for hours at a time in bed. The husband suddenly thinks that this is hot and asks to watch
Decay: a lovely little story
Tay: Then we find out the only reason why the wife enjoys frequent, hours-long sex is because cancer has thrown off her pain receptors, and she’s actually been progressively internally bleeding with each episode of intercourse.
Tay: I hate that
Tay: I hate that so much
Tay: I’m going back to VNTS, now
Zaka: spoilers : (
Zaka: not that im ever going to read it
Tay: spoilers: she dies
Tay: the lover is convicted for manslaughter
Zaka: that seems fun
Tay: the husband kills himself
Decay: Tay must be a big fan to have already read this
Tay: the children spend their lives in foster care
Tay: the eldest falls into bad company, spends time in jail, works security for the rest of his life
Tay: the middle child, a girl, turns out alright
Tay: the youngest gets a girl pregnant in middle school and is dead from drug OD in his freshman year of high school
Tay: the dog dies from eating drugs left out on the counter
Tay: the woman’s mother spends her golden years crying quietly in a retirement home
Tay: the woman’s father breaks under stress and has his own affair. Thus causing the separation with his wife/her mom.
Tay: He regrets it and drinks himself to oblivion. By the time he comes out of it, he’s paper-thin from a lung cancer he didn’t know he had.
Tay: The cancer was benign, but he’s left with emphysema and wastes away before our very eyes
Tay: he dies after his body literally eats itself trying to force his chest to breathe
Tay: He was in pain the entire time
Tay: It lasted twelve hours
Decay: this is a pretty deep story
Tay: Oh the horror
Decay: maybe i should pre order it
Tay: I’m going back to VNTS now
So, yeah. These two are meanies. That’s all! Have a good week, everybod— wait! One more thing! A quick update about some site work I did this week:
- Fixed, uploaded, tested, and launched FuwaFabulous v2 forums theme
- Added several VNs to the site to test a new VN uploader system
- Went through and categorized external VN reviews, all of which are now integrated into the site properly
Have a good week, everybody!