Ever17 on Android (via VNDS)
Ever17 is one of those”classic”, “gateway” VNs often listed as players’ all-time favorites. Having it at your fingertips on your android device just feels happy.
Requirements: You’ll need five things to get this game on your device:
- The VNDS Android App (Paid – recommended for saving!) (Free)
- A copy of the game (Fuwanovel has you covered — click here for game page)
- Weeaboo’s VNDS converter (Link – Scroll down until you see Ever17 VNDS converter. Download the latest version.) (1.1.1 at the time of this publication)
- An appropriate cable to transfer the program data onto your Android device (usually USB)
- ~2.5 GB free space on Android memory or SD card (space depends on how high of quality you like your images)
- Boot the Weeaboo Ever17 converter (“Ever17Converter.exe”). The converter has a nice, logical GUI: point the converter to the correct “Game Folder”, or the location of the Ever17 game you downloaded, and specify a folder where you want it to export the VNDS version
- For “Target Platform”, select the resolution of images you want for your device. The larger the resolution, the higher quality the images will be on your device
- Click “Start”. The converter will run and will alert you when it’s finished. It took my computer ~35 minutes to finish.
- Connect your device to your PC. Open up the android device and navigate to your “sdcard” folder
- Either find or create the following file structure: [sdcard]/vnds/novels
- Copy the Ever17 game folder into the “novels” folder. The folder you should copy over should be the game directory (so, within that “Ever17” folder should be the “background” “foreground” “save” “script” “sound” folders, etc.)
- Boot up the VNDS app. ”Ever17″ should be immediately visible in your game library. Click it to begin playing!
- Check out Ryoji’s AMAZING WALKTHROUGH on the Fuwanovel Forums
- These images (and more) come from this great deviantart page. Lots of great Ever17 images. Thanks, ~KorpiSoturi!
- Here’s a link to my full guide to VNDS and playing VNs on your android device.
An Important Note about VNDS:
A big “Thank You” to reader neonism who made a few important points last week about the limitations of the VNDS app: many scene transitions, any and all sprite movement, graphic effects, and some movies are incompatible with the VNDS app. This means that some of the game presentation is lost in the translation process. If you haven’t played a game before, it’s recommended that you play it first on a PC for the “full effect”. After that, you won’t be missing the polished touches in the VNDS edition.
That said, everybody has their own tastes: I, for example, prefer the minimized text display on Fate/Stay Night and am willing to trade the zooms/splashes/Berserker roars which are not rendered in the VNDS edition. It’s your call.
In any case, I hope you enjoy this game! Thanks for reading!