1) The top line where it says, “I’d heard that story, it’s amazing…”. That is a machine translation using Microsoft Bing. (supports eng, chinese, korean) I kept the machine translation on to show you it’s capable of it. Right Click then ‘Hide’ to hide it.
2) The second line where there is a icon (that icon is my avatar. u can turn this off.) “Kiyotaka: this is unbelievable…” <— that’s my manual translation. It’s reading it off the Cloud.
3) (FOR EDITORS OR TLC) If you right click on the manual translation, it brings up a menu. Click ‘Edit’ and a window will pop up which lets you make the edit. Once the edits are committed, they are uploaded to the Cloud. This means everyone in the world has the latest edits at all times!
4) If you want to create your own translations… sign up for a new account at annot.me, login on annot player, then just TYPE your own as the game progresses.
- So click to proceed to the next line of dialogue in the game,
- Type your translation, press enter. Done.
- Click on the game to proceed to the next line… type your translation, press enter… Done.
- Rinse and Repeat. All changes are in real time and all changes are sent up to the cloud.
5) This service is especially conductive to crowd sourcing. It is also casual. It removes the weight of having to commit to becoming a translator and requiring you to carry the project from 0 to 100. (because free time is de-centralized, everyone has a bit but hardly any has it all) This is great news for moege, not so great an idea for the more sophisticated games with lots of plot twists (probably not advisable to crowd source Subahibi).
6) No text extraction, no text re-insertion, no hacking required. So long as you can hook ITH 3.0 to the eroge, you can fan translate it.
7) Get excited! This is a revolution for fan translation. (made possible by jichi)
Note: program still buggy. Jichi updates on weekends but the core functionalities are all working (albeit requires a bit of patience & tampering, but it works).
PS: Also the old guards will judge this heavily. I know they will. Listen. if you don’t like it, then just don’t use it. Other people who don’t mind it will use it. And yes, they will translate even games you don’t approve of using methods you don’t respect. This is what people do. This is their liberty. Our job is to help people differentiate between crowd-sourced visual novels, and properly translated visual novels. Fuwanovel will make sure to show what the difference is so that people don’t play what they don’t want to play.